When it first opened its doors in 1907, the Southern Hotel offered visitors the finest in the luxuries of the day. After the hotel closed in the 1960s, the mission style building was altered and used by retail tenants, the St. Tammany Parish government and the Red Cross. Today, it has been restored and put to use as a hotel once again.
Working closely with Trapolin-Peer Architects, Woodward restored the building to its former glory creating a boutique luxury hotel that caters to regional tourists and provides an economic boost to Covington’s downtown district. The team peeled back layers of alterations that were made over the years, unveiling original architectural features while adding modern updates and amenities to the building. The result is a new again modern hotel with historic charm featuring 40 guest rooms, 2 suites, a 2,400 square foot ballroom, meeting space, bar, courtyard pool, fitness center and fine dining restaurant.